Above, you can see Mr. Bear in the tree. He was about 300 lbs and not too far off the ground, so the kids could see him pretty good. Rooster and I got to the tree first and Bean brought up the rear with another gentleman that was with us. It's a pretty exciting thrill to see the hounds work and the bear up in the tree. As soon as we take a few pictures, you tie back the hounds and head back to the trucks. The bear comes down pretty quickly usually and it's fun to watch them lumber off into the forest.
The Bean still in his pajamas looking up at the bear
Gunman playing in the dirt back at the truck
I believe my Rooster will probably be my little hunting appentice. The Bean likes hunting, but he's a little more reserved about it then Roost. Rooster helped me tie back dogs and get them back to the car. This is a great picture of him at his first tree with a bear in it! Hopefully many more to come!
The next day we caught an okay track and let the dogs out, but weren't able to catch up to the bear. It looks like they had it caught, but it wouldn't tree. Sometimes you get a mean and aggressive bear and it just won't tree and we believe this is what happened. One of our dogs took a joy ride for the entire day and we drove and drove looking for it. We finally got it back late that evening and started making the trek home after dinner. We made it half way and caught a lovely hotel room. If you ever have the opportunity to stay at the "SUPER" 7 in Cedar- pass on that..... There wasn't anything really super about it except for the fact I didn't die trying to drive home that night.
The next day we got home just in time for Ruth's brother's funeral. Funerals are sad events yes, but it's always nice to see Uncles or other relatives every few years. Ruth's other brother Allen holds a special place in my heart and I always enjoy seeing him and his wife Julia. Such neat people. So I was so glad we made it home in time for that. It sounds like they all made it home safe.
After they all left Kes ran BACK up to Utah for an Elder's Quorum party at a friend's cabin. They have had a fun time today scouting for deer and shooting guns. You know, the usual guy things up in the mountains. Kes said he saw quite a few nice deer for my hunt that opens next Saturday. I can't wait! Should be fun.
Today we are going to a baptism for one of Rooster and Beans little friends. Hard to believe some of their friends are turning 8 already and getting baptized! The boys will be in May. Bean is so excited because I'm buying him a turtle when he turns 8. It's so cute to hear him talk about it and get excited. I told him he couldn't have any pets unless he could take care of them. So if Mr. Turtle dies, he dies. That's the deal. Bean let me know that he actually wanted to get two turtles so they could have babies. Uh, no. That's like the last thing I need in my life/house is turtle eggs hatching!!
Song: Carrie Underwood, Blown Away
At least you have good music playing. I hope Bean is the gentle, sweet one in your band of savages. I worry about a turtle, but then I worry about a lot with your life. It really scares me. I hope you feel good ganging up on one sweet, little bear.
ReplyDelete