1. Plastic packaging from Costco and Sam's Club sucks
Okay, if you have shopped at these stores you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Since when did opening a plastic package require a butcher knife, band aids and leather gloves?? It truly is a conspiracy. They want you to get cut and bleed every time you open one of these things. If you don't know what I'm talking about, I'll explain. For some reason they want you to purchase these products, but not ever be able to open them. You can no longer go to these big box stores, purchase a package of flashlights, cosmetics or tie down straps for your truck without having a seriously sharp and precise knife or pair of scissors. Without a college degree I'm just not sure I could get the job done......
2. What was Great Britain smoking when they organized the Closing Ceremonies?
Okay, I really have no comment here except for the randomness and unpredictability of the closing ceremonies was fun to watch and really colorful.
3. Found my camera that's been lost since March
I lost my camera after a hunting trip (imagine that!) in March. Kes found it today while he was looking for the dog shocking wand for his Sunday school lesson. How many Sunday School teachers do you know that bring a dog shocking collar to class as an attention getter? Only Kes.......
4. Smokey Eyes
Have you ever done a bad job of washing your face and make up off at night and looked at the results in the mirror? It's like I could create my own version of Smokey Eyes like the models have. You know, the perfectly done eye liner, eye shadow and mascara? Yeah I think they put a whole bunch on and then wash their faces halfway to achieve their results.
5. Laundry and Dishes
My house would look/smell/be a lot better if I could keep up with just two things. The laundry, and the dishes. Enough said.
6. Taking a nap at 6:30pm rocks
I took a nap on my bed while the kids were watching Dinosaurs on Netflix. I loved it. I woke up at 8:30pm ready to conquer the world. You should try it. But now I'm still up at 11pm.... so maybe I shouldn't have taken that nap.
7. Is Recycling worth it?
Seriously. I have more in my recycling piles than I have in my trash bins. And the recycling only comes twice a month! It's like I could be on an episode of hoarders just for my recycling products! Milk jugs, cardboard, tin cans and glass jars all sitting around my garage and side yard. I need to call our garbage services and see if they have larger recycling bins I can rent. Kes seems to think they pay workers to go through the dump and remove the recycling products anyways.
8. How do you cut brownies?
I've tried a sharp knife, I've tried a butter knife, I've tried a wet knife. Nothing works for me. I just really suck at cutting brownies. So if you are reading this far in my post, please enlighten me.
9. Multivitamins
Why don't they make one SUPER multivitamin? I go to the store and try to get "healthy" by buying a bunch of vitamins and supplements. Pretty soon you look at your hand and that small glass of water and realize you are going to need more like a gallon jug because there's 15 pills you are supposed to take- 4 times a day! No wonder healthy people drink so much darn water- they have to for all those pills.
10. I text message and write emails different than Kes
Sometimes if I'm driving I will have Kes reply to an email or text message and I do the same for him. HOWEVER, we talk and write completely different. So the way he says things, and the wording he uses is so different than the way I would write something. If I ever sent you a short, blunt, text or email- it was Kes typing for me.
11. Do I type faster on my iPhone than I can type on a computer?
I'm getting pretty fast thumbs on my iPhone but I'm still not sure if it's faster than on a computer....
12. Gunman's hair
My baby is getting made fun of for his dandelion fluff hair from all the men at church. They are making comments about him looking like an old man. I admit, his hair is pretty wild. It's about an inch and a half all over and sticks straight up just like a dead dandelion. No gel or moose product will keep this stuff down. The girls love it though and everyone makes a comment about his cute hair:)
13. Whey protein is gross
I love Shakeology but it's so expensive! I tried to replace it with a Whey protein shake from Costco and they are totally sick. No wonder I'm so addicted to Shakeology- that other stuff is garbage! Even the Gunman doesn't like them and prefers Shakeology.
14. Shop vac for bathroom
Have you ever tried cleaning your bathroom floors with a small Shopvac? Try it- I love mine! I can quickly suck up all the hair and fuzz without it sticking to the broom bristles.
15. To-Do list/Bucket List
OKay, my normal to-do list is starting to become long. I mean really long. I keep writing down every thought and ever action on one master list. I've done this for a few months now. If I accomplish the item, I erase it. But for every 10 things I add, usually only 1 gets done. I'm honestly trying to figure out if I could accomplish everything that I want/need to do before I'm like 80! Will I ever clean my garage? Will I ever organize my closet? I think I'm confused at whether it's a to-do list or a bucket list.
Lol! I'm glad you found your camera, I remember how long a go you lost it. Shave Gunnar hair so Bro. Jones stops calling him an old man. I hope you didn't add sky diving to your bucket list. For the brownies: they have a brownie square cutter I'm sure you can find it at Bed Bath @ Beyond. Remind me to buy some Dr. Pepper barbecue sauce when there. What is the UK not smoking. Those plastic containers are a conspiracy. Your on your iPhone more I'm sure then your computer. I can relate to the emails, don't men & women give different directions too.recycling is a bunch of crap literally here because unlike Cali or OR we don't get paid to do it.yes to the shop vac and dishes & laundry. Just keep running the dryer over and over is my motto. The new Shakology formula is much worse then whey protein. I pretend it tastes like raw cake mix.
ReplyDeleteRach:
ReplyDeleteResponse to #1: I read on pinterest that you can use a can opener to open those stupid hard plastic packages but sometimes pinterest is a big liar head so I'm not sure, try it. Response to #8: You need to use a plastic knife or silicone knife and hot water, it works. I just don't know how you do all that you do. I'm exhausted reading your posts! I need a nap.
OK, OK! First of all, your life is so chaotic I can't even stand it...I can't! That's true! Don't you dare shave Gunnar's hair. He's just fine. There must be something that will hold it down. Have you tried mayonnaise? (I'm just kidding. DON'T try that at home.) No, you probably won't ever get control of your dishes and laundry as long as you have the family dynamic you have now. I won't go into detail. Those plastic containers are truly heinous. Use a plastic knife on brownies. I've told you this. You do not listen to me, you know. I'm pretty sure Kes wouldn't text me. Unless I see F U on a message. Then I'll know. Glad you found your camera. I don't doubt you'll lose it again soon. Yes, I can believe that Kes does ridiculous things for his church lessons. ???? ugh!! I'm taking a nap too, Holly. She's exhausting!
ReplyDeleteI love reading this post because I have these same streams of thoughts, usually at 11pm while I'm trying to fall asleep!
ReplyDeleteI spent over 20 minutes trying to get Mason's birthday presents UNSCREWED from it's plastic container 2 weeks ago. Drives me insane.
The only reason I stay on top of dishes now is because my two older children are assigned to do the loading and unloading of the dishwasher. It's life changing!!
About the brownies- I'm with Adrienne.... there is a brownie pan that has grid thingy you push into the pan to cut them into perfect squares :)
Good luck with your to do list!