Monday, August 6, 2012

Cabin July 2012


Love this picture of the Gunman standing in front of Panguitch Lake, UT.  We had a great time up at the family cabin.  Kes' parents bought a cabin back in 2004 and we have had the chance to use it pretty much whenever we want.  Kes' sister went up on Monday and I brought me and the boys on Tuesday. 




Look what we had to drive through! Luckily I had Kes' truck so I wasn't so worried.  Here's a video of what it looked like. I took the Brian Head route up and I was so grateful I didn't go through highway 14.  That's the one that's been closed for most of the year due to a mudslide.  They had all sorts of weather alerts come on the radio when we were driving saying to beware of flash floods and mudslides.  Pretty comforting huh?

And below here you have the picture of how I had to pack my truck! I had to get 5 hound dogs, 1 silly Schnauzer dog, 3 bows, 1 target, 3 bikes, 1 bike trailer, 3 little boys and a mama up to the cabin! Yeah, a little red neck, but I don't think we lost anything on the way.  It rained (poured) the whole way up from Vegas.  So that added to our fun. 
Gabby, one of the hound dogs.  This one is NOT my favorite because she barks, and barks and barks.  Even if you beat her, she still keeps barking.  I think she honestly has a screw loose up in her tiny brain.
This is what's called a Robin Hood.  I guess it's really rare to have it happen when you are shooting.  They even have clubs at the sports shops called the "Robin Hood" clubs and you take your arrows down and add them to the group.  I have been shooting a lot lately getting ready for the hunt and this is my second time getting a Robin Hood! This one is a lot better than my last one was.  This time the second arrow really buried itself down the shaft of the first arrow.  Pretty cool huh!
The Bean fishing
My sweet Gunman advertising for Kyle Busch as well as Discount Tire's Brad Keselowski. 
We attempted to go fishing a couple of different times with no real luck.  Lots of cute memories and time spent near the water though.  
Oh yes, then you have the hound dog Bob in the VW bug.  So you are asking, how did all this come about? Well Mr. Kesley drove up on Thursday afternoon.  He grabbed the truck, our new hound Bob, and took off for some un-named points in northern Utah.  He got the opportunity to go bear hunting and had a great time.  He was trying to stay in a hotel Thursday night near the hunting location, but the rooms were all reserved so he had to sleep in the truck.  Wow- that stinks- glad it wasn't me. I will post the pictures from the hunt in a seperate post.  They treed a real nice bear (and no they don't shoot them).
Then how did the hound get in my cute VW bug then? Well it's easy. So Kes drove up my bug to the cabin, and switched it out for the truck when he went hunting.  THEN his truck broke down in the great town of Circleville, UT. So I had to leave the kids with the sister at the cabin and go put the dog and Kes in my VW.  Awesome.  
The pic above is the truck after we went to pick it up the next day.  $2000 later, it's fixed.  Ugh...... Something about a transfer case is all I know. 
The Bean rode back to Vegas with me.  We stopped at an exit to wait for Kes to catch up and Bean picked me some sunflowers.  I tried hard to blow all the bugs off them before putting them in my bug (ironic huh? haha) but I still had a few unwanted guests flying around for the rest of the drive to Vegas.  Yep, this is our life and we are pretty 'Real'.  :)
Song: Jason Mraz, I'm Yours

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures. I haven't been to Panquitch lake since I was a kid. Great shot with the bow. That I something that I would love to learn. I just need to do it. Sounds like you had a fun time.

    ReplyDelete