"It's all about me!".... at least that's what my mom thinks is my personal motto..... But this is a blog designed to share the fun and exciting events that we have going on in our family. So join our adventures! We love to hunt, fish and fourwheel and we love doing it with our 3 boys- Rooster, Bean and the Gunman
Monday, April 16, 2012
Rooster's heart check up and Gunman's Sumo Wrestler appearance
For a while now Rooster has been complaining of chest pains, tummy aches, head aches, etc. You never know what to believe with children and what not to. But being the good mother I try to be I took him in to the doctor. We told him every problem we've ever had :) My Roost is a little bit of a Hypochondriac. The Dr. sensed this a little as well, but wanted to be sure. He gave us two referrals: one for an MRI and one for a heart scan. We had the MRI a couple weeks ago and they found no tumors but heavy blockage and issues in his sinuses. So they are sending us tomorrow to the Ear, Nose and Throat people here in Vegas. I'm very happy about this because Rooster has always had sinus, allergy issues that have bothered him.
Today was our heart appt. Roost hates missing school and loves "specials" (P.E, library, computers, etc.) The Gunman and I picked him up from school and I gave the boys some chocolate milk boxes with straws. This was my first mistake. I told Roost to help Gunman drink his. Oh he helped him alright- helped him dirty his clothes and my truck! This leads us to my second mistake- the Gunman has no replacement outfit. So what do you do when your 18 month old has covered himself in chocolate milk? Strip him down to his diaper and shoes and carry his butt in to the Dr.'s appt. Hey- we pulled off the "white trash" look perfectly. At least we had shoes on- I thought that was a domestic touch.
Once we got in to the waiting room they load you down with a good 20+ minutes of paperwork that repeats itself 10 times. Once I've signed my life away and allowed my records to be shared with any bum off the street, they will finally call you back. During my paperwork escapade I told Roost to watch the Gunman in the lobby. Oh he watched him alright, yeah this Roost is a great "watcher". All the kid was doing was watching the movie Rio on the waiting room TV! So I look up and my fat sumo wrestler baby is running around all the other waiting patients. So embarrassing. Just when I thought we couldn't get any more pathetic and ghetto- the pint sized Mini-Me-Sumo wrestler's diaper starts riding low. Are you freaking kidding me? He dumped his drawers big time. Nice. And the bathroom has no baby changing station. Awesome.
After we somehow made it back to our Dr.'s room, Roost had an EKG and a heart ultrasound. Both of which came back great and she said everything looked perfect. That's good because I know that it would be better to detect something early and get it taken care of. The Dr. is sending us to get some blood work taken as well. He has to go in fasting for 10 hours with nothing but water. Wow, that's going to be fun! A grumpy, hungry little Roost.
During this wild appointment I'm calling and texting all of Kes' family to answer the nurses' questions. They were very concerned with Kes' family's history of heart issues. His dad had a heart attack when he was 54 and had to have 2 stints placed. His brother had a heart attack when he was 26 and had to have 3 stints placed. Both of those were cholesterol related. I will be very grateful when we have Rooster's blood work completed and checked. I think I might also take Bean in to have his checked. Cholesterol is so scary because it's a silent killer. Both Kes' brother and dad are not overweight or heavy, they look great to me. I remember seeing that commercial on TV where the guys are all normal looking individuals with Cholesterol in the 300's-500's. That's just like his family. The Dr. said that if Roost's Cholesterol comes back elevated that she will help us with diet and exercise first. I guess they don't put children on any Cholesterol medicine until they are over 10 years old. Interesting and it will be good to get his results back!
To top off our excitement I couldn't get any babysitters to go over to my house and wait for Bean to get off the school bus at 4 pm. So I knew if I didn't get out of this appointment on time I was going to have a confused bus driver and nervous Bean sitting in my driveway. Somehow Kes was able to make it home just in time and got Bean off the bus. Whew! That was a relief. With all this everyday stress I'm guessing I'll probably be the next one to go in for a heart condition!!
Song: Rodney Atkins "He's Mine"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You guys really make me nervous. First of all, NEVER give those boys anything to eat or drink if you're going somewhere that requires clothes. Second, I'm beginning to think you're a hypochondriac also, missy. Third, you guys really make me nervous. It's always some big disaster and stress promoter. It makes me nervous. (Did you know that?)
ReplyDelete