Welcome to my life. Nothing like this in the middle of the other 100 things I always have going. So we have Hound dogs, did you know that? We attempt to hunt with them. Mostly lately we have just been smelling them and hearing them on the side of our house. Heaven help our patient neighbors....Anyhow, Kes took them out "running" this morning. Running= Kes drives the beat up Toyota hunting truck up rocky roads and the dogs run around sniffing and getting exercise.
This is where our story starts. This morning, Kes left early about 5 something. I never even bothered to turn over. I get a call about 6:15ish that he has run over Gabby (the 1 year old puppy) and he wants to know what time the vet opens up. Nice way to wake up isn't it? He said he ran over her foot and she yiped and started licking it. He said it was bleeding pretty good and she was carrying it as she continued to run. So I don't ask much and call the vet for him. They open up at 6:30am. So I call Kes back and he says that he thinks she's fine. That she is running on it okay and he will call me back. This dramatic change from her being fine, to not fine goes back and forth several more phone calls. We ended up deciding to wait to take her in and see how she did with it today.
This afternoon I went to check on her and found her foot resembled a small club. She wasn't walking on it except for every 4-5 steps just a toe or two for balance. I youtubed a video and sent it to Kes. We both agreed, I should run her in. After getting my 102nd babysitter for the year, (I swear, or some crazy number like that) I went down to the vet in the hunting truck with my Gabby. She's really a sweet dog, just not my favorite because I realized I don't like Hound puppies. They are loud, wild, chew things and their cuteness wears off very quickly. Never again will I have a Hound puppy. If I do- it will shortly become a Pound Puppy.
After some x-rays, 8 stitches, a purple cast, sedatives, pain killers, and antibiotics I got out of the vet for about $600. Not to mention the $20 I had to spend on a babysitter. Seriously? I can't keep up with this hunting dog hobby long at this rate. Ridiculous.
Song: "Who let the dogs out"
Dang dog! Stay away from the truck!
ReplyDeletePoor thing! With our dog I've quickly realized how expensive they are.
ReplyDelete