Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Christmas decorating and busy busy life

Well it's officially Christmas time! Wow, I guess I better throw away the rest of the Halloween candy! I am in "Christmas mode" right now.  I've got all my regular decor off the walls and shelves and I'm putting away "Fall Decor".  This time of year my house is turned inside out as Christmas is unleashed.  I've been immersing myself on Pinterest for the last 48 hours.  I've decided I'm probably going to quit life and just craft and decorate until Christmas.  I'll be getting in to a lot of trouble I can already tell. 

My massive tree is up in the living room.  I don't think it's as wide around as last years tree, but it's definitely more full.  Pictures to follow.  Sorry, I'm tired :) We got it up at the cabin on Saturday.  We had a lot of fun picking it out, getting it into the trailer and getting it into the house. Believe me, each of those subjects could be their own separate blog post.  I won't go into all the details, but getting a 14 foot tree that's 9 foot in diameter into your house, is a big deal. Furniture must be unearthed, tables, lamps and picture frames have to be moved.  Pretty much similar to the parting of the red sea. 


Aside from Christmas decorating, I got my renters moved in. Wow, that is a huge relief! The last thing I have to do tomorrow is go back and clean up some things in the backyard.  I was over there putting new doorbells in, knobs that had broken, painting this and that and cleaning up the last little finishing touches.  I threw away some bolts that I needed into the trash can, and had to go searching for them.  This was really fun since the contents in the trash can were from inside the last renters fridge.  They had been in the garage for almost a week.  Plus I had to dig down to the bottom of the trash with no lights, as I discovered the light bulbs were out in the garage.....True story, it happened tonight. For some reason I just don't really feel like being a Landlord anymore...


I'm exhausted after today's non-stopness.  Today's crazy events were: I volunteered a Bean's school this morning, ate lunch with him, went to Costco to pick up pictures for my empty frames, met one of Kes' workers at the DMV (joy), met Kes at Auto zone where he was locked out of his truck, did all the work at the rental, grabbed a delicious Subway meatball sandwich for dinner and went to the boys BMX practice tonight.  I think I better go to bed now :)

1 comment:

  1. You truly are a busy woman. I would live to slip away from life and do nothing but craft and bake until Christmas,but alas the bills must be paid.

    I look forward to seeing pictures of the huge tree.

    ReplyDelete