Thursday, October 27, 2011

World Series Game 7 necessary? Crud!

First time in 9 years that we've had to go to Game 7 in the World Series.  I enjoy Texas and absolutely love President Bush and Nolan Ryan.  I tried to find a cool picture of them doing their high five in game 5, but this is a cute photo too.  I like this photo below from last year as well.
I love the Bush family, I love old Texas money, and I love Texas' pride.  Texans always seem happy and show so much pride in their state.  I like that.  I've honestly never been to Texas, but I tell Kes all the time I would love to live there.  I would live in Western Texas because it's one of the primo areas around for hunting. Somewhere near Midland.  I've heard it's just awesome for Bobcat hunting and their season is longer than ours up here in Vegas. They are also one of the only other areas in the country that's allowed to hunt at night with spotlights like we do.  Maybe on one of my jaunts someday I will get to visit.

My sweet Gunman is still not feeling up to par.  He seems OK but not 100%.  I may have to run him in tomorrow for a recheck at the doctors.  The other doctor did mention that he might show a secondary sign of infection a couple of days after the fever, like maybe an ear infection.  So I will probably take him in tomorrow so I feel better. 

The boys were upset because Gunman's illness was ruining their plans.  They wanted to have a friend over, go somewhere or all of the above.  They watched a lot of TV today on their day off, but seemed to enjoy it thoroughly.  I gave in and ended up taking them to the mall so they could play on the kids play center and run around.  They seemed to like that. I had to run down there to get Rooster's glasses repaired, exchange my sunglasses and visit the renters bank.   I bought Gun some much needed pairs of socks, but no other purchases. Oh- besides the rotten tasting ice cream from El Fresco.  It was actually rotten tasting frozen yogurt at 45 cents an ounce. $10 later your family has 4 small bowls with some scrimpy toppings.  These guys are making a killing! I swear mine was rotten though- it had a strange tanginess to it. Yuk!

After the mall, dad stayed home with Gunman to watch the World Series game 6 and I ran the boys down to BMX.  They had a great time.  Bean did VERY well and improved a ton! He is really standing up better and pedaling a lot better than he has been.  He still didn't qualify for the main event, but he is really improving so I'm happy.  Rooster is doing great too.  He's getting a lot faster and more aggressive. 


He took 2nd place tonight in the main event- good job Roost! Bean was so sad he couldn't compete in it.  I feel bad, but he is understanding he needs to work on some technique before we can make it to the main event every time.  He'll get there.  This is such a great sport for the boys and I'm delighted they enjoy it so much!

Kes paused game 6 for me, which I totally appreciated, till I could get home to watch it with him.  What a great game! I'm sad Texas lost- but wow, the Cardinals did not give up! Game 7 tomorrow night- can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment