 |
| I love Rooster behind the pumpkins..... classic |
 |
| I see about 10 safety violations in this picture..... esta bien |
 |
| I know Mother, I see the clock. And yes, Kes got off work early, and yes he does work |
 |
| Notice Bean trying to steal the knife away |
Well, I've been on a couple jaunts I'll bore you with in another post. For tonight, I wanted to post pictures of my silly boys carving pumpkins. Well, that is to say they tried to carve pumpkins, but to stop the unnecessary knife wielding, I did most of the carving. I'm sorry, but I'm just not one of those moms that lets the kids crack each of the eggs, and make a mess and try stirring the whole time and letting flour get everywhere. I'm just not. I try, I try to be patient, but a couple tries out of each kid and it's the mama's turn after that. I've gotten a lot better lately, so don't start feeling too sad for my poor, picked on kids. But when it comes to knives, or little iddy bitty carving saws that come in the pumpkin kits, my hand is on their hands. The kids didn't care for that. They wanted to saw "by themselves".

 |
| I bought these cool led lights for the insides instead of an open flame. At least I'm trying to prevent a fire.... it is fire safety week at school- (pictures to follow below!) |
 |
| Our Angry Bird was probably even more angry when I sawed his eyes out..... oops. I put them back in with some good ol' toothpicks |
 |
| This one looks like Toothless- the dragon off How To Train Your Dragon. This is for my sweet Gunman |
Well, all in all, we were able to gut and carve the 3 pumpkins. Rooster didn't want to get his hands "messy" by having to pull out the inside part of the pumpkin. He also didn't want to have much to do with the transferring of the design onto the pumpkin. Mainly little 6 year old boys just want to use the sharp tools. Gunman was in on the action for a bit as well. Here are some delightful after pictures of our "post carving" party complete with popcorn and Handy Manny movie. The Gunman loves popcorn and so does Rooster. They wallow in the bag and would probably lick the butter off if someone teaches them this disgusting trick- I pray not....
 |
| That's right Gunman, you dig in |
 |
| Notice the Spanish, maybe he will pick up some espanol from the popcorn bag.... |
The little Gunman has been causing me some grief in the illness department though. My sweet baboo developed a fever yesterday morning of a 101.7. I gave meds and found a tooth sprouting later in the day. The fever came back before bed last night, about the same temp. I gave him meds, down the fever went. Then at 3am we awoke to his stirring and he was a burning 103.5. I don't mess around- off to the Urgent Care down in the ghetto of Vegas I went with him. The wind was blowing 30-40 mph. Really strong, but we made it. They gave him more meds and checked for an infection and couldn't find any. No ear problems, nothing else to speak of. They sent me home with a "pee catcher" for little boys to test for a urinary infection. Oh wow. Good luck with this one. The "device" they gave me is a plastic long bag that would fit a little boy with a Pinocchio size schlong. Somehow I'm to slip this over the Gunman's tally whacker and, then get this...... remove the sticker from the back of it and attach it to his sweet little scrotum (a word I refuse to say out loud because it sounds vile.....). The male nurse did mention to me that he wouldn't remember any of this though.... hahaha how comforting. (He was gay as gay- which made his comment even more funny!) I have yet to attempt this task. I'm completely dreading every bit of it, but I will do it for the Gunman. And frankly, I don't think I will post how it went....
Below I will leave you with some cute picture of stuff to trivial to blog much about, but its what we've been doing.
 |
| I'm not a mall shopper, but I bought a couple cute Fox shirts for the boys at this store. I guess it's kind of the cool skater dude type shop |
 |
| Yes Roost-A-Boost lost another tooth! |
 |
| And then we have this..... you like? He will be the cutest Garden Nome EVER! |
 |
| Great First Grade picture of Bean |
 |
| Oh and it's fire safety week folks!! We had a special Family Home Evening all dedicated to Fire Safety. Bean loved it! |
 |
| And yes Mom, I do bake. She likes to give me grief- but VOILA this is Pumpkin Bread and it tasted delicioso! |
ha! I had to do that pee-catcher thing once with one of my boys. It was ridiculous but I think I did manage to catch some of it.
ReplyDelete