So my friend Jen is quite crazy and quite crafty. She decided she would take on doing a craft night at her house. Yep- that's the crazy part. The crafty part is she bought all the wood, cut it all herself and had tables all set up for women to come assemble. Yep! (I know- I have cool but crazy friends) My hat is truely off to her. We had a great time. I have started 4 of these "Blessing Boards", but I will have to finish them up tomorrow or the next day. I'm doing one for myself and then 3 others for gifts. You can pick all your own colors to match your house. I enjoyed picking out the scrapbook pages and embellishments that I thought my "gift receivers" would enjoy. Should be fun to finish it up! I will post pictures of mine when they are done. (These pictures are just the display pictures she had- I don't know the people in the photos:)
Tonight I went to Target thinking I could run in and purchase the paper, ribbon and embellishments for the craft. Not so much. They didn't have a Michael's size selection and somehow I ended up wandering over to the back scratchers and orange juice section by the time I was done. Go figure huh? Go in for scrapbooking- come out with a drink and a back scratcher. Darn "big box" stores that have everything in one place!
So after I struck out getting crafty girl supplies at Target, I went to Michaels. Always a big mistake because I go in and spend way too much money. I was lost in Michaels sea of scrapbooking supplies for close to an hour before I drug myself up to pay. Somehow I bought my materials and it totalled just over $50. Wow, these presents are adding up quickly. (Don't worry, I'm returning the back scratcher tomorrow to help cover the cost.)
Luckily my trip to Target wasn't a bust though, because I purhased a quick and unpersonal gift card for a bridal shower I popped into tonight. I love getting invites to things, but I get so dicouraged when they fall at the same time and night! Darn it! And everyone has such good treats at those events! Luckily I grabbed a yum yum treat before I dashed in and out at the shower. I did not miss watching the young girl open her negligee though. I have no idea why, but I get so embarassed when I watch people open that at bridal showers! I seriously blush and don't like to watch. It's like- Oh my gosh- the next time the girl will be wearing that is in some dark hotel half naked in front of a kid. Well anyhow, I missed all that this time, so I lucked out. I ran in, dropped the card, hugged the girl, grabbed my treat and dashed off to Jen's shin dig.
This morning I volunteered at Bean's school while my friend Kaylie watched the Gunman. He is the saddest boy when I leave him. Little Peach that he is. He's so spoiled you can smell the rotteness. She's a really fun lady and I know her kids had a great time with him. Volunteering at the Bean's school is always a great experience, but depressing. I realize I need to work twice as hard as I think I do with him. We have been making some small progress lately in our homework however, so I'm glad. And the Rooster even made a comment today that he enjoyed reading and reading was fun. Wow. My hardwork is paying off it sounds like!
After volunteering at the school and picking up the Gunman, we both came home and took a snooze. That's my 2nd or 3rd nap this week- I'm setting some record I promise you. We were both awakened to the sound of Rooster and his posse of friends. They came in and all hung for a while- very good kids. Rooster had fun playing and Bean made it home in time to play as well. Kes was home somewhat early and we both enjoyed playing with the Gunman. The Gunman loves to rub his nose all over my bed, laughing and scooting around. It's a hoot to watch.
I apologize for not capturing the black birds on film today as I promised in yesterdays post. I will shoot for tomorrow. (That's a pun- get it? Shoot- like a gun? I get my good sense of humor from my mom:)


You are slowing down? Ugh, sweet girl. You aren't slow enough yet for my taste. Sounds like the boys are happy. I'm glad Roost likes to read. Work with Blakers. I know you do. You make me itchy with all your activities.
ReplyDelete