Monday, October 17, 2011

A nice glob of cookie dough to end the day:)

Yes I did just have a glob of cookie dough to end the day before I blog my way to sleep.  It was good.  I enjoy keeping a container of the premade cookie dough for such occasions!

The picture above is of Rooster as he was helping his dad with some "traps" in the backyard.  Yesterday when I went to Church early to play the piano, the boys were home with dad setting traps around the trampoline for our family of mischievous black birds.  These birds drive me crazy.  There's about 8-10 of them most of the time.  They swoop around my windows, perch on the trampoline, the palm trees and are continually pecking at my grass.  They also eat my Schnauzer's dog food (that I have to keep outside away from the Gunman's clutches) and terrorize the hound dogs.  I want them gone- and I don't care how we have to do it.  I will get you a picture of the demon birds tomorrow.  Because my husband is quite crafty in the trap department, he was able to set 3 or 4 traps around our trampoline.  He used some of my old flower pots and placed the bait (dog food of course) in the bottom of the bucket.  We have not been successful yet, but we will get these birds.  I may have to go get my pellet gun in the end, if the traps don't work, but I will have dead birds soon enough. My mom and I had a similar problem back in the summer of 2000, the year I got married.  We had to go down to Fred Myer and buy a $40 BB gun with a scope to wipe out the Magpie family.  In actuality, I don't think the BB gun ever did much damage except for wound the birds.  Mom and I had to get the shovel out and start doing some moves similar to the metal chair take downs in WWF wrestling.  But on a happy note, the Magpie family went to Heaven and my reception turned out just lovely :)
Today we did some service and watched 4 little boys this morning.  Gunman was absolutely delighted we had extra "little people" in the house.  He is SO social and loves to interact with other little kids.  He crawls all around following them with their trucks and wants to do everything they do.  When they went out jumping on the tramp, I put the Gunman in his "Jumperoo" so he could join in on the fun. (Don't worry- I moved the traps before the kids came to play today!)
He is such a good eater.  He absolutely loves grapes, and they seem to help his digestive tract move along quite nicely:) His favorite food is a noodle and veggie dish I buy at Sams Club/Costco. He loves the veggies out of it and eats them all.  Its so fun to watch him eat the noodles.  Funny child. We got a lot of cleaning and organizing done today.  The boys seemed to have a good day at school. They went with their dad this afternoon up to the mountains with 2 of our hounds and the Gunman today after school. I ran some errands and got my hair cut and colored.  I tried to take a picture, but they turned out similar to the ones my mom attempted to take the other day of her hair.  After the boys came back down from the hills, I met up with them at Del Taco.  Rooster and Bean passed out in the back seat, so we had to go through the drive through and eat in the car.  The Gunman was Mr. Wildman again tonight (I do blame this on the Diet Coke his dad gave him though).  Him and I shared a Taco Del Carbon and then he had to go back in the car seat.  Kes and I drove over to the Toyota dealership and sat in a Tacoma to get it out of our system.  We have drooled over these trucks for years now and always wanted to sit inside one.  We can't get one any time soon, but sometimes its fun to go sit inside a car and smell that beautiful smell. I just want to bottle that smell and sniff it every once in a while. 


**SPECIAL BULLETIN**:

A quick update on the Hounds boot camp progress. (I know everyone has been checking back daily to see if I've posted an update about them- not!)Two of our hounds are down in Arizona at training camp to become mountain lion hunting dogs.   We received an email and phone call that they successfully tracked a lion this morning with the help of the trainer's dogs.  We were so excited! (Mom, I know you aren't excited, but remember this is costing me money, so please be excited for me. At least I'm getting my money's worth of training!) I will be sure to update their progress as soon as I receive any other important news. 

3 comments:

  1. What? I never knew about these magpies that you had to take down before you got married. That made me chuckle- I bet your neighbors were loving you guys. :) Good luck with your current magpie issue. Your life never seems to be boring...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We get lots of birds in our backyard - luckily they don't stick around too long once our cocker spaniel starts chasing them away! She loves birds.

    And are you talking about the Yakisoba noodles?? Those are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you, you blogging fool. You're amazing. I sense some manic hysteria going on. (Are you off your meds?) Slow down little one. I am so happy your dollars are being spent wisely with the lion dogs. You know I am. (not) I just think you're both idiots when the dogs are concerned and I don't care who knows it. So there! (I know, Rach, no one cares...)

    ReplyDelete