Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sunday

This seems to be happening a lot lately :) This time BOTH boys fell asleep! My boys have a habit of showering, brushing their teeth and then wanting a "snack" or "something to eat" before bed.  Bean prefers Oatmeal, usually Rooster something chip or cracker like.  Tonight Rooster wanted a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich and Bean wanted Oatmeal, as usual.  Neither ate much.  I just sat there and watched them fall asleep.  It was actually pretty funny:)
The hard part is getting the little bruisers to bed once they've burrowed in for winter at the table.  They get all disoriented as you walk them into their room.  Bean fights me and of course wants to sleep on my floor on the sham pillows from my bed.  They want me to read to them, but both are fast asleep as I read. 

Sweet Gunman was Mr. Wild man tonight.  I came home from choir practice to Bean in my headlights in the driveway on his bike. No one else was to be found.  After I parked I found Kes on his cell phone chatting about lion hunting to Bruce while he pushed the Gunman in the stroller around the corner. Rooster was right behind on his bike.  They had managed to make a couple laps around before it was black black out and they looked to have had a fun time.  Gunman was all fired up and loving ever minute of the "action" from his umbrella stroller.  I fear more and more each day that this child is going to be quite the handful.  In a good way, but he just has such a strong personality! Today in church he managed to fall asleep in dad's arms out in the hall again.  This was right before I played the piano in church for the Young Men/Young Women, so I was grateful he took him out.  Bean and Roost did good sitting their nicely in church on the bench while I went up and played.  It went nicely.  We Believe by Jenny Phillips.  She seems to be a pretty popular choice for the youth right now.  They didn't have any of that stuff when I was a youth, or I just wasn't that into it if there was. 

Jumping back to Gunman's "wildness" after I got all the boys inside and had them get in the shower, the Gunman and I watched the Cardinals beat the Brewers with dad on the couch. Gunman loved ever minute of cheering "Go Go Go!" with me and clapping his hands on the couch. It was hilarious to watch.  He really is getting quite good and animated at his cheering.  He was much more fun to watch then the actual game.  The Cardinals beat them good- but I didn't mind because the Brewers beat the Diamondbacks and ruined my chances of attending a playoff game this year.  I really wanted to go see one! How exciting that would be.  I figure I could have bought some scalped tickets out in the parking lot and had a good ol' time.  And another reason I didn't mind the Brewers getting beat is because I don't care for Prince Fielder.  Don't know why, just don't really care for him.  I didn't like how tonight Pujols was so kind to call time out so Fielder could enjoy his last up at bat with the Brewers and Fielder didn't even acknowledge the crowds applause.  Kes also said TBS didn't air the National Anthem- they cut to a commercial- what was up with that? Oops TBS.

I was able to catch a nap this afternoon after church and make it to Stake Youth Choir just in time.   We had low low low turnout tonight.  Hope the kids start coming again.  Church was fine today and the boys seemed to do good in their classes.  Like I said, I played piano in church today so I had to get there about 45 minutes early to practice with the youth.  Kes had a meeting at 7:30 this morning till 9 so we had a very eventful Sunday. Back to back, with little rest in between for the weary! Happy Monday tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Ugh! And you are headed where this weekend? I've given up telling you to slow down. Don't get me started on Kes taking the boys out in the night and talking on the phone the whole time... I give up! Gunman, you need to be a little less "enthusiastic." Was he high on DC again? Oh, Gunnar!

    ReplyDelete