Saturday, October 15, 2011

Nascar Truck Races and such


Today was the Nascar Truck Races out at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway.  It was HOT!!! 90+ degrees was too much for our family! We lasted about 60 laps, purchased the $6 beverages, took some pictures and were DONE! Those 60 laps that we were there took about 2 hours.  Crazy.  Usually the whole race takes about 2.5-3 hours total.  I think it's 175 laps or something close to that.  There were 7 cautions in the 60 laps we were there.  For those of you that aren't Nascar savy- a caution means when another driver wrecks, spins out, etc and they have to slow the race down to get the track section clean and the pace car comes out.  This slows things down considerably.  A couple sweet wrecks right in front are fun- but not that many.  It was bizarre. 

Bean, The Gunman and me before the race.  Where is Rooster and dad at this point? Oh coming back from hunting mountain lions and riding four wheelers :) Kes was up at 4am for work driving around Las Vegas and then came home, loaded up the dogs and trailer and went up to the hills with our neighbor and 2 of his scouts.  They had a good time and managed to meet us out at the track. 
This picture above is all the trucks lined up before they start. They do the whole hoopla complete with driver introductions, show girls with huge feather plumes, and a prayer and national anthem.  Yep- show girls.  Believe me, they were the smart ones out there today.  I would have been in a bikini and sequins too just to stay cool!
Sweet Gunman in the ONLY shade
Our friends the Coaches
Jaycee is 7+ months pregnant on the left.  She was dying in the heat too
Check out sweet Gunman's hat.  Deer Fear Me :) I couldn't find his Kyle Busch hat so I dressed him in a monster truck shirt and hunting hat.  Hey- he fit right in at the track.  Redneck is cool out there. 
Somehow sweet Bean managed to fall asleep through the heat. Sweet boy :) I promise I didn't give him a sleeping pill by mistake.  (Inside joke!)
I love this picture above.  This is my friends little boy and Rooster next to a SWEET Ferrari. Don't know who the other little kid is, but he seems torqued that the boys shared his picture moment.  Sorry there buddy!

My mother would be proud of me.  At 6AM when Kes left to go hunting/riding four wheelers, I actually stayed home with the other 2 kids like a civilized person.  I somehow managed to get the Gunman to sleep till 9:30AM and Bean watched cartoons so I was able to go back to sleep for a bit off and on.  Nothing is completely restful with Bean, that's for sure! I can't believe I missed out on going garage sale'n today.  That's the first week in a while! Shame on me! I was tired though. It felt good to hang at home and just relax before heading out to the track.  Bean had a very hillarious moment today.  He was drawing shapes on the glass during his shower, and next thing I know he squished his bum up against the glass towards me and said- look mom- it makes a heart! Nice.  Welcome to my world with 3 boys.....

After the races I had a headache from the heat so I took another short nap.  Wow- that must be a record for me! We went out with our friends tonight to the Red Lobster and had dinner.  It was fun laughing and hanging out with them.  Anybody ever seen someone purposely steal the pen fom the waiters check? Yep- I saw it done tonight.  Wow. His wife about died.  I guess he does it all the time.  Silly men.  It was a nice pen too! Fun day.



1 comment:

  1. I wasn't invited to the fair with Holly. Plus we had to go boating--the boat, the boat, the boat... Was the pen stealing an Anderson humor thing? I never "get" their humor. You LOOK like you're having fun at the race. Yes, I am proud of you for toning back your hectic day.

    ReplyDelete