Monday, October 10, 2011

Made the trip home and still had time left to cram activities in!

Today was no different then any other day as far as cramming everything we could in! Kes was up showering at 5:45 AM again and we had kids up around the 5:30 hour as usual.  I did a little blogging this morning and then Rooster pestered me until I finally took him on the bike ride I promised.  We had a great time.  Bean brought up the rear in our flight formation.  It was a fun early morning bike ride.  We saw a large covey of quail, lots of doves and even a cotton tail rabbit.  Not bad for downtown Surprise, AZ.  I'm amazed at all the rabbits down there! We don't have any cottontails in the residential areas of Vegas and we don't have Quail in the neighborhoods like that either.  Super fun ride.  Meanwhile back at the ranch, Grandma Jo was making scrambled eggs for the Gunman.  I do believe he may have had some bacon as well.  We somehow managed to shower, get ready for church and catch the last soft seat up front.  Never mind it was on the 2nd row.  Kes sat down and said- "Are you for real?" I don't mind the front.  Bean had a hard time and Gunman decided he would fuss and earn a trip to the hallway where he could check out the scenery.  After the meeting, daddy brought in a passed out Gunman.  There ya go Kes, solved your 2nd row paranoia- go stand in the boring hallway.  After Sacrament, we ran home to pack and finish mom's delicious Chicken Noodle soup.  Mom and Rick stayed for Sunday School because Jo had the lesson (I didn't want to stay and participate because we make her "nervous", imagine that!) I guess the Stake President sat in on the lesson, so she had a little added stress.  That's okay though- she's GREAT with stress :) She looked adorable today in a really cute size 2 dress and fun snake skin looking high heels, so don't feel too bad I'm making fun of her! She did a good job styling her hair today as well.  Yesterday she was still trying to get used to it, so I had to play hair dresser for a minute and see what damage I could do to it.  After a couple different cans of hairspray and some goo in a little dish they call "Pomade" I thought I did a pretty good job.  She made a very disapproving face, but I thought it looked a lot better then when I took over!
             Her Chicken Noodle soup was absolutely perfect and we had a great lunch.  Rooster, Bean and Grandpa managed to sneak in a quick and chilly swim in the pool.  It was 74 degrees in there today. Here are some photos from the frolicking.  Somehow the icebergs failed to show up on the pictures! :)


 Grandpa came right home and prepped the pool for the boys to enjoy.  He is so good about taking care of things like this.  Good work Grandpa! I think he looks cool in his church clothes.  I called him the "Cabana boy" :)
This is a funny picture of them trying to get used to the frigid temps.

Boys a swimmin!

 Blake loves to do canonballs! He is pretty good at them to.  He does them on my couch and bed daily. Thank goodness for water when we go to Grandma Jo's!
Rooster is the wildman



 Barley got in on the fun as well.  She fetched the kong so good and had a fun time with the boys.
                                    Gunman watching from the sides, still in his church outfilt.
                                                        Hailey joined in on the fun too
More wildman and my newly pedicured foot. Better take a picture of them before I scuff them up.  I only get them done every 4 months so they need to last a while!

                                                                       A cold bean
Lola taking part as well. 

After our fun time in the pool it was time to leave and head back to our real life in Las Vegas. We cruised into Vegas just in time for me to run to Stake Youth Choir Practice.  Kes watched the kids and fed them some sort of dinner so I was grateful.  After I got home believe it or not, we ran to a Court of Honor for a kid in my ward.  It was really fun because the boys got to see the process of getting your Eagle in scouts.  They had a good time and got to stretch their legs after our long trip! The gal had an amazing potato bar for dinner and really awesome desserts.  Fun night and a fun day!


2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great day! Love all the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm exhausted just reading about it...I'm still in jammies catching up on computer after the onslaught! I am tired girl...It was so fun! You can plan fewer festivities next time, Rach. Please?

    ReplyDelete