Well we had a great day yesterday in sunny Arizona. We started the day out at 5:30AM because my kids are psycho and my mother says she has no control over when they want to wake up. I was showering at 6:10AM.... ridiculous children. But we went and hit some garage sales during the morning and got a few little fun things. One of my favorite was this cool old Monarch suitcase. Very cool to decorate with or just use and enjoy. $3. When we were garage sale'n we found a coupon on the ground for 2 free hair cuts at Sports Clips. It was a coupon in a Ziploc baggie with rocks in it that had been thrown into the driveway of a vacant house. Kes spotted it (luckily! ha!) and boom- 2 free hair cuts comin' our way! These are pictures of the boys VIP treatment. They had really cute and funny hair dressers. They cut their hair and then wrapped them in a hot towel while they massaged their hair with foaming Peppermint shampoo. Look at the Bean's face during his Peppermint massage :)
 |
| Peppermint Shampoo Massage |
 |
| Hot towel treatment |
 |
| Rooster and Bean with their hot towels on |
After the boys' haircuts, my mom and I went to Old Town Glendale and stopped in at a few of the cool shops there. I got some really neat stuff. There was probably 20 stores we could have gone in and we only made it to about 4-5 before we ran out of time. I'm definitely going to come back here on our long weekend in November and do some more shoppin'. The picture above is an old postcard- maybe the 30's or 40's from Blue Lakes in Twin Falls. Notice below the stamp is a 1 cent stamp.... Amazing.
I also bought a couple postcards from Utah. This one with the organ is from 1925. The other one is from the 40's . Neat stuff! Only cost me a quarter each!
This one below is a neat old egg carton. It's in really good condition. It was from the late 40's.
These Salt and Pepper shakers are really cool because they match my kitchen. They are from the 50's.
This skirt below isn't vintage, but I really liked it. $4 at the thrift store. It's super cute on and will be great with some brown boots.
This bracelet below was from a neat shop that had really unique items. This bracelet is made from nuts, sprockets, and fuses. I love it! So cute and original.
This pumpkin was a fun find because the outside of it is all from broken gords. It will be a perfect addition to my fall decor back home.
This sign below was one of my favorites. It's called "junk yard art" because they take pieces from old parts and make signs and other items. This will be super fun in my house over some black and white picture frames!
The cookies below are from a neat bakery/store. You can't even begin to believe how good they are! Real Ghiradelli chocolate. Best cookies I've ever had. The store is owned by a cute mom and daughter.
I give the shops at Glendale a 10! I can't wait to come back in November! Good job tour guiding mom!
Downtown Glendale is a fun place to spend the day. I don't care for the prices so I don't go often but it's nice to just look around. Glad you and Jo are having fun. Looks like the boys got the royal treatment. How fun for them.
ReplyDeleteWell, my little black heart aches for you now that you've left. I love you so. I'm glad you liked Glendale. I should have taken you tehre sooner. Silly me! You'll enjoy it next time when you aren't slowed down by the old woman and the cute, chubby child. We had fun. Love you!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a good time. I didn't even know that they still did the warm towel wrap thing.
ReplyDelete