Friday, October 7, 2011

Boot Camp for Hounds and Creepy Kingman

           Well today was an eventful day, as usual.  I stayed up WAY too late last night blogging, facebooking and more useless social communicationing until like almost midnight.  Then I was up at 5:25AM to the light of Kes bathrooming and getting ready for our Arizona excursion.  We went to the wonderful town of Yarnell, AZ today to drop off 2 out of the 4 hound dogs that we now own.  Clear back when we acquired our first hound dog, Nicki, I met a cool old guy on the internet named Dave Carlson http://www.lionhoundtraining.com/ Dave is such a neat guy.  I knew from the first time I talked to him on the phone he was going to be a great contact.  I somehow wandered onto his site and read about how he trained dogs to hunt Mountain Lions.  I ordered a couple of his hunting videos and loved his style.  He is so fun to watch because he uses a very "colorful" choice of words when he talks and gets excited.  (We have to watch it on mute when Kes' parents are in town:) But he has a great big heart and loves what he does- training hound dogs to hunt Mountain Lions.  We were priveleged enough to be able to meet him and his sweet wife Nellie today.  They live in a cute minute of a town called Yarnell, AZ.  They are now the proud trainers of two of my "useless" hounds as my mom calls them (right before she says GET RID OF THEM!) Nicki and Gabby.  I am so excited to have them trained for real and actually be able to enjoy them!

            Just before my visit to Yarnell, we stopped in the interesting and unique town of Kingman.  Today's visit was even more unique and interesting due to seeing TWO seperate men at the SAME gas station and they both had their fly down.  Right after I got that image burned into my fragile mind, a man did a farmer blow in the Walmart parking lot.  At this very same time I could look around and see 3 people living in their van/campers and about 4 other homeless people.  One word- creepy.  On a lighter and happier note, I got a really cool rustic license plate from '69 at a thrift store in Wickenburg, one of the cutest little towns in Arizona.             


We are now at the beautiful and peaceful casa of my parent's in Surprise, AZ.  Everything is neat, tidy, organized and ready for my family to un-do it all. Sorry mom, it's inevitable though. We watched Arizona Diamondbacks play tonight, and sadly lose. Darn it.  But the good pizza we ordered from Hungry Howies made it all the more enjoyable to bear their sad loss.  I have quite the full day planned tomorrow for everyone, with the events starting at 7AM sharp.  My mom has already mentioned and let me know that I'm cramming too much in.  Should be fun though!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Have fun with your mom. Go easy on her. ;) You never stop, do you? I love reading your blog. Your boys are so adorable. It's so fitting that you have 3 boys. :)

    I went to the ISU homecoming parade last weekend and totally thought of us hoarding all of our candy on the sidewalk. Ha, ha. Doesn't that seem like a lifetime ago? Wish you lived closer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be easy on your mom this weekend, she's got a fragile disposition. Have a great time on your visit!!

    ReplyDelete