These are a couple pictures I snapped of the boys being cute little brothers today. Bean was in the kitchen playing with the Gunman, and Rooster, being the little teacher, came and did some instructing. Now that I have boys that are older, you realize how nice it is they can entertain and help the babies learn. I didn't have that luxury with Rick and Blake and I was always so jealous. They teach him stuff all the time, and it's fun to them. It's not a chore and he doesn't even realize he's learning! This is going to be great. I love the family thing. I didn't have that "older kid" instruction when I was little, and I didn't have a large family, obviously, being an only child. So sometimes I get caught up and enjoy the simple activities and daily subtleties of being a "family" with multiple siblings.
 |
| Cute boys playing with the alphabet blocks on my fridge |
Today I was able to get a few things accomplished after our trip to Arizona. I got a great jump on the laundry, did some dishes and cleaned the bathrooms and floors. You wouldn't exactly know it right now, as it gets cluttered and messy fast by the end of the day. Kes came home in the late afternoon and took the 2 remaining hound dogs up to the mountains nearby so they could run and sniff. They had a good time it sounded like. I made a huge batch of cookies and chicken salad for dinner. The boys enjoyed the evening at home and didn't complain about doing their homework. Rooster fell asleep tonight watching a trapping video with Dad. He absolutely loves doing that. Last week we had received a "Phantom Pumpkin" treat on our doorstep. It had a cute pumpkin poem that you place on your door, and then you make copies of the poem and deliver them with treats to other houses. You know if the person has been hit because they are supposed to put the pumpkin poem on their front door. Tonight we finally passed out our treats and poems, and Bean helped me deliver the cookies. It was really funny because he had to knock on the door and then run for the car and jump in. If you don't know Bean, you don't know how funny this was to watch. He takes a very simple task and complicates it to no end. I think we were caught by the people opening the door about 50% of the time :) If they know Bean at all though, I'm sure they smiled. One family caught us when we drove around the block and came back to check. It was a really humorous adventure. Bean had a great time! A fun way to end the day.
Sounds like a great time. I "Boo'ed" people last year with gifts and it was a lot of fun. I'm planning on doing it this year too.
ReplyDeleteHow domestic and "normal" you sound, dear daughter. (I know that chaos is just around the corner, however.) I'm sorry you had no siblings. I think you were all the better for it. We didn't need no stinkin' siblings in our family. You were enough. But if you love the big family thing, happy for you. Roost and Bean are great bros.
ReplyDelete