Just wanted to post this easy and inexpensive craft for the kids to make. You will need:
a toilet paper roll
orange colored fabric (you can get creative here and do a plaid or other shade)
small green fabric
brown paper bag
Cut the orange colored fabric large enough that it will wrap around the toilet paper roll. I cut mine out in a large rectangle. Put the fabric with the pretty side down and the faded side up. Place the toilet paper roll in the center of the fabric.
Next wrap and tuck the fabric around the toilet paper roll and stuff the excess into the center of the roll. This is where you can deicde to have a lumpy, or perfectly shaped pumpkin. Each pumpkin is different and unique (just like kids:)
Next tear a piece from the brown paper bag. You will want to crumple the piece up real good if you would like to have a weathered pumpkin stem effect. Then you roll the piece into a cigar shape and tuck it inside the center of the toilet roll. I like to bend my cigar in half and then stick it in.
And last- cut a small bow tie shape of the green fabric. This will be the leaf for your pumpkin. You can have more than one leaf or change the size of your leaf for effect.
Squish the leaf in around the stem of the pumpkin and VOILA! You have a really fun, inexpensive and easy craft for teacher gifts, display or a fun way to store toilet paper waiting to be used in your bathroom :)
Squish the leaf in around the stem of the pumpkin and VOILA! You have a really fun, inexpensive and easy craft for teacher gifts, display or a fun way to store toilet paper waiting to be used in your bathroom :)
Very cute! I'll bet your boys had fun making a bunch of them.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely crafty, girl!!! Who knew! Your kitchen display looks great.
ReplyDeletehi!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a Great craft!!!
That looks easy enough too!!!
I think the kiddo and I will make one tomorrow!!!!
Looks very fall-ish!!!!
Hugs,
jamie
I made a few of these last fall with my mom and aunts. It was a lot of fun and they turn out so cute.
ReplyDelete