I really enjoyed the ending. I thought it brought back all the cuteness and familiarity of the first Cars. I hate to appear negative in my blogness, but really for how I felt about it go onto http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/cars_2 they seemed to nail their reviews perfectly. Here's a sampling of my favorite reviews.....
"Not that Cars 2 is an actively bad animated film. It's just sort of an average animated film."
Although it would be unfair to label Cars 2 as unwatchable, it is surprisingly tedious in parts
and not as satisfying as one might expect.
Someone must like Mater, who's already had his own spinoff TV show. Just as someone must like Larry the Cable Guy, who voices him. But that someone isn't me, and if it isn't you, you're in for one very long matinee.
As lovable as Mater is, let's face it: A little bit of Larry the Cable Guy goes a long way.
"Cars 2" is a Honda needing a body shop as compared to the pristine Ferrari that was "Cars". It's an unequal Pixar blend for adults and kiddies that never evolves into the storytelling success of its predecessor.
Pixar moves into the fast lane for a sequel that doesn't flame out, but is burdened by too much plot
Sidekicks exist to steal the show, not carry it like Tow Mater is asked to do in Cars 2. The redneck rust bucket is on screen so much that 3-D glasses should come with tetanus shots.
For the first time, we get a sense of 'let's just knock this out' instead of 'let's knock this out of the park.'
My two favorite reviews:
A too long and repetitious sequel to the winning first film that is part Cars, part James Bond, part Transformers, and part Beverly Hillbillies.
This is also one of the most violent Pixar films, with cars being shot at, thrown into the ocean to drown and dying. Yes, dying. It tries to be a Bond film, but when was the last time you let your five-year-old watch one of those?
I'm really not much of a movie-goer. I sure enjoy it when I get there, but going to movies is a relaxing past-time that "normal" people do. Let's just face it- I'm not normal and I definately don't know how to slow down and relax. So usually you will not find me in a movie theater. But for some reason lately I've really tried to be more "normal" and sit and enjoy the mundane every day things that other people and families do to pass the time. Like movies. We went to two movies this week! Super 8 last Friday and then Cars 2 this friday. Incredible, considering the last movie I saw before this week was Eclipse last June. I know sad. I haven't been to the movies in a year! Before Eclipse it was Avatar (and I saw it in 3D!! Holy cow- that was a different experience!) So if you are an avid movie goer- you know that Eclipse came on in JUNE 2010 and AVATAR in JANUARY 2010. So yeah, I'm not too current and hip on movies.
The other things I've been doing to be more like "normal" people are organizing and actually using a medecine cabinet. Yes- sounds crazy but I never used my medecine cabinet before. I used a "medecine bin". My mother in law and mother can attest to this "medecine bin" if you will. It was literally a storage bin without a lid (because I lost that LONG ago) and I would throw all my medecine in it. When I needed tylenol- go to the medecine bin and dig it out. Same with cough syrup, dog medecine, and Gas Ex. All in the medecine bin. Only trouble is you would have to literally dump the whole thing out to find what you needed. But after a couple hours work and a couple trash bags later- I actually organized the bin down to a neat and concise area.
And VOILA I actually put most of the medecine in my medecine cabinet! What a novel idea! Something that probably 90% of America already had organized and done, but I just hadn't followed suit yet.
But wait! It doesn't stop there! I've been watching TV, the nightly news, I went to dinner on my birthday last week and I actually got my dog professionaly groomed. (Although I did have the mobile groomer come to my house because I was too lazy to drop her off and pick her up again.) But hey- at least she got groomed! So I am working on getting more "normal" and relaxed.
But this weekend we will be out being "un-normal" people again- as we are taking our twins to the Monster Trucks in Primm, which is about 60 minutes outside of Vegas. I know, I know- but they will love it! Can't wait! I'll have great pictures to post next time!
Wow! Look at you blogging, baby girl. The reviews aren't very good, are they? Oops! Oh, well. Our boys like Cars, so there. Enjoy monster trucks.
ReplyDeleteI haven't been to a movie in years. I am not a sit down and relax kinda girl. My mind doesn't slow down enough for me to sit for that length of time. I can almost watch a half hour sitcom though, as long as I am doing something else at the same time, like folding laundry. I also have a medicine bin, but don't have nearly as much medicine as you. Have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteI went from having a shelf in my kitchen dedicated to medicine to have a small drawer in a dresser dedicated to medicine, with the prescriptions in a little bin in the drawer so that I can easily find them. It is driving my nuts. Since I can't seem to grab what I want quickly, I wrote on the lids with a marker. "PM" for Tylenol PM. "IB" for Ibuprofen. A smily face for the happy pills, etc.
ReplyDeleteI see nothing "un-normal" about going to the Monster Trucks. But that may be my inner redneck talking. Have fun.
HI!!!
ReplyDeleteWE are off this weekend for CARS 2 and Winnie the pooh!!I hope we like it, pooh should be amazing.
Enjoy your MOMMA'S visit!!
hugs,
jamie
Hey Girl-ee-Oh. Everything okay there? Not blogging anymore? Miss your posts.
ReplyDelete