Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Mi Gallo Cabeza y estúpido señoras de la limpieza

Love this picture:) Rub a dub dub three men in a tub. A Butcher, A Baker and a Candle Stick Maker.  I haven't quite figured out which profession is matched to which child.  They are all kind of Butcher's some days:) Why can't they all be bakers? That would really help me out! Heck I'd even take a candle stick maker more often. At least they would be busy doing something instead of bugging their mama!!

Well last week was the return of Grandma Ruth and Jen.  They ran up to Utah to drop off Jason at EFY camp and then visited Ruth's parents graves in Utah.  They were scheduled to go visit the cabin after that, but the weather was so cold! Luckily for me, they came back down to Vegas last Wednesday night.  I really do love having one of the mom's in town.  It helps out so much.  I ran around Thursday and Friday taking care of rental stuff and she watched the kids.  Then Friday afternoon I had a huge shopping extravaganza! It was great! Jen and I hung out kid less and shopped until late Friday night.  How cool is that? Super cool.  I honestly could not tell you the last time I went shopping that long without kids or even shopping in general.  I do a lot of activities, but usually mall shopping is not a forte of mine.  We went to the Premium Outlets and to the Galleria Mall.  Super cool mall and I got some neat stuff.  Very fun day! All the family left Saturday morning.  We hit some great garage sales on Saturday morning and, believe it or not, the breakfast buffet at Aliante.  Okay- so it's official.  That's 3 buffets in 1 week for the family.  Can you say spoiled kids! No more of that for a while.  I ate till my hearts content and now I'm back trying to eat healthy insanity workout food.  I can't fall off the wagon again eating like that or my rear is going to jiggle!

One activity we were able to do while Ruth was in town was attend Bean's school program.  They don't do a graduation assembly, but they had a nice program where they sang songs and played a slide show.  I of course cried through the entire slide show presentation.  Why do they have to make those so sad? Play songs like "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" and Rascal Flatt's "My Wish"? You start thinking about every thing you ever did wrong as a parent or all the things you messed up their kindergarten year.  Let me tell you, I had a tough year this year with the boys being in two different grade schools.  I will always probably have a major struggle with my Bean, he is a different little Bean.  Born completely different than the Roost and marches to the beat of his own drum.  How I just wished that drum at least had some sort of rhythm:) That would at least make it a little easier to raise him.  But we do it and I make him happy each and every day.  Whatever I can do to help the Bean and make him comfortable and happy I do.  He is such a good boy.   

Oh and then there's the poor Roosts injury.  Thursday night while the 3 little boy cousins were "playing" on dad's "inversion machine" (lots of sarcasm there) Roost fell and landed on his noggin.  Poor little guy.  They ran in to tell me that he was bleeding and I thought it was his nose that he likes to pick until it bleeds.  But no- there was actual blood streaming from his head.  Because he is the best boy and so conscious of my carpet, he ran right in to the bathroom and was leaning over the sink so none of the blood would get on my floor.  Such a sweet sweet boy.  He is so smart.  Dad was the first on the scene and he said " Oh Oh- it's kind of deep" I saw the gash and freaked out leaving poor Ruth and Jen to administer to the sick and afflicted. I would have been a great asset on the Oregon Trail let me tell you.  I just do not handle head gashes that are an 1 1/2 long very well.  They all hoped to order and it was decided we would super glue it shut instead of getting stitches.  Fine by me and it was fine by Roost as well. 

This is the after picture.  I think it turned out pretty good.  Not bad for 3 "doctors" in an unsterile bathroom environment.  Much better than an emergency room full of people that don't love you I think. 



Here's some fun little shots of my garden.  It's coming right along.

And here we have the Roost.  He made this picture for the arrival of Grandma Jo- who comes TOMORROW.  Did you forget mom? We haven't forgotten here! The boys are excited and ready for you and Lola to grace us with your presents- oops I mean presence. 



Oh my sweet Gunman.  Such a true Happy Camper. I love him so. 

My cute calendar.  Just wanted to let you all know I finally changed it from FEBRUARY to June.  Phew! Got that crossed off my list! Pretty pathetic huh? It's really just a decorative piece that makes me happy when I look at it- I don't honestly use this calendar for much else.  I use my iPhone Calendar to do all my crazy scheduling. 


Aw yes the rentals houses.  I am truly struggling something fierce with these this month.  I am so tired of all the disasters and negativity they bring in to my life! So my pot smoker renters that had the roof cave in finally moved out.  And bless their hearts, they tried to leave it clean.  They really did.  But I'm sorry, it's hard to cover up the smell of marijuana.  They want their $1000 security deposit back, but let me tell ya- it's gone my hemp friends.  Gone.  I have put new carpet in two rooms, and had this house painted to cover up the smell.  I still smell weed.  Oh well.  It is what it is.  I have battled with the carpet people to deliver the carpet, I have battled with the installer to go install the carpet and battled with the painters to get finished up.  

Yesterday I had the biggest blow up of all.  The Spanish speaking cleaning ladies.  OOOOOOh they are not nice.  Now I usually love cleaning ladies.  I have a Spanish speaking cleaning lady named Maria for my own house.  She comes once a month for $125 total. I love her.  She is honest, she is good and she loves my family.  If I had only $125 left in my bank account- Maria would get it.  True story.  Having my house cleaned once a month is my favorite thing in the world.  Worth every penny.  At least I know that once a month, regardless if I can get to it or not, my blinds are cleaned etc.  But these ladies I hired to clean my rental were vicious- vicious I tell you! I was trying to save a buck, so I found these guys for almost half of what Maria is. So I thought- hey- I'll try them.  They were supposed to come Sunday and clean.  I showed up to pay them and no one had been there.  I called "Jasmine" and she said they couldn't find the house.  Oh pobrecito. I had told some prospective renters to meet me at the "newly cleaned house" and I was sorely mistaken.  I tried to apologize to them all, but none of them rented it that's for sure. So Jasmine says that the cleaning people will go Monday.  Monday comes along and some guy calls me and says he's there with 2 cleaning ladies and they are going to get it done in 1 hour.  1 hour? I'm sorry, but it's going to take you more than 1 hour to do a good job.  I told him that, he argued- I said I would be there 3 hours later.  I went there, and they had done a horrible job.  They hadn't vacuumed or swept.  It was truly pathetic.  They yelled at me and cast spells on me in Spanish and I escorted them out to their 1986 beat up Toyota truck.  I don't know how they all fit in the cab of that, but they did.  I didn't want them to key my car on their way out.  It was a bad experience. Luckily my kids weren't there to witness it.  Kes speaks Spanish so I wish he would have been there to help me. 

It was a bad deal, but I'm glad it's over now.  I still have to go over there and vacuum and sweep.  The house isn't rented yet, but hopefully someone this week.

I'm so excited for Grandma Jo to come tomorrow- I really am.  Hopefully we will not have too many disasters when she's here:) Love you mom!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I'm voting for no disaters too. Do you really think that could occur? Keep fingers crossed. I still cringe when I see Rooster's head. He's so sweet and brave. I can't wait to see all of my boys--oh, and you too, Daughter! That was a long post. Look at you go. You're such a good little blogger, my baby. I'm leaving EARLY tomorrow so I can get there in time for the field day. Yahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's alot of typing, are your fingers smokin? Do not show anymore pics of the head injury or I'm pretty sure your mom is staying home. You've got doctorin skillz. Nice job on glueing the cut. Glad you got to do some kid-less shopping, I remember how wonderful that was. Please send your mom home to me soon, I'm gonna miss her.

    ReplyDelete