| Grandma Ruth helping the boys put the 5 million piece rollercoaster together. |
I was actually able to accomplish a few big projects this weekend! Grandma Ruth came in town to visit and she watched the boys for me and helped me clean the garage. Now when I say clean the garage- I don't mean just pick up, straighten and then sweep out the thickest. Nope. I dejunked and threw away all the aftermath of the yard sale. We opened up each of my bins and was able to categorize and sort things in areas in the garage. It's so cool because I actually have a functioning and organized garage now! My mom has come in town several times to help me do the same thing, but I usually mess it up every few weeks. Hopefully after this garage "rebirth" it will stay somewhat organized. We have over 40 empty bins now- pretty amazing we had all that junk.
Notice these lovely left handed golf clubs.... I don't think they're really been used in a while. (Look really hard and see the cobwebs)
In conjunction with my garage cleaning I was also able to tackle our "recreation room". This is an entire bedroom that we have dedicated to our hunting, fishing, reloading and fly tying supplies. It gets out of control fast, but it looks A LOT better and I can find a few more things now.
Friday night we went on a nice date with some friends to Leticias. Super good mexican food and great company. We had a lot of fun. On Saturday, liked I have previously mentioned in a post, we helped a friend move. It was a little more entailed and a longer process than what I imagined, but 7 hours later, we were done. That evening, Jen and the kids came into town from Rancho Cucamonga and we finished up our Saturday evening with a buffet at Aliante. I love that place, I really do. It's a super nice casino and they dropped the buffet price to $9.99 for dinner. Most buffets in town are closer to $15.00 so we think it's a steal.
Monday morning the kids decided that one buffet in the last 48 hours just wasn't enough. So they wanted to go back to Aliante for their breakfast buffet. This one is $4.99 a person and it's even more of a steal!! The boys love it because they get as many donuts, eggs and bacon as they want.
And they go get most of the items by themselves (I'm sure they are quite clean and use proper etiquette when handling the food tongs)! They also love the fact they get icecream for breakfast. Really- it's a small price to pay to see their happiness.
After the buffet extravaganza they went on to choose their next favorite activity- fourwheeling. We went with some friends out North of town by Apex. We had a great time. These are some shots from the day. I added a couple of videos. I hope they turn out for you to see! The most hillarious one is of the bats. So
we took all the kiddos up to some cool caves that we trap and hunt by. All the kids were excited and came down to tell us about some baby "chicks" they could hear that were in the cave. Well I thought that sounded like fun- so Gunnar and I started treking up to the cave with the video camera. When I got to the entrance of the cave turns out these were not baby chicks- they were bats! And BIG bats. Like the biggest I've ever seen. And I've seen some bats in my 30 years of outdoorness. So I'm sitting there telling the kids to pull back Blake away from the bat because he thinks he should touch it or something..... and DRACULA decides to fly. He heads straight for me and the camera and I hit the deck. Everyone started running out of the cave and we sort of had a pile up. We had a few small cuts and scrapes but I was able to capture the moment on my camera. I wish I could have filmed it better and I would have sent it in to America's Funniest Home Videos. It was a lot of fun. It won't upload to the blog for some reason- so I will work on that.
Well onto my day today. I've already been down to pick up the new carpet for the rental house and I'm meeting "Ernesto" at the house to have him install. I have to replace the carpet after our lovely flood. I have scouts tonight and I need to figure out dinner, as always. Last night I had some "mystery meat" thawing in the microwave. I honestly could not tell you what it was when I stuck it in there. It was kind of the color of chicken but more pink. And I hadn't bought pork in a while so I ruled that choice out. It ended up being hamburger meat?? Go figure. I was a little afraid for myself because I'm sure it lost most of it's nutritional value it had been in the freezer so long. Oh well, I'll try labeling a little better with a magic marker before I freeze the next stuff from Costco.
NEED BAT VIDEO!! Great pics but I really need to see the bat video! Doughnuts and ice cream for breakfast? You're the coolest mom ever.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a fun weekend, except maybe the moving and garage dejunking. I did some moving myself and general house dejunking.
ReplyDeleteMy little brother love all of the Alliante casinos and of course the buffet.
You NEVER comment on my blog. You need to post the gash on Rooster's head. Or are you afraid that CPS will come get you? Just askin' Yeah, Grandma Ruth!
ReplyDelete