But this year the boys were actually starting to ask for a party of their own. Their own choice of friends, their own choice of fun and their own theme. Because Rooster loves NASCAR and cars he wanted NASCAR. Because the Bean is so easy going and loves cars (just not as much as the Roost) he liked the idea as well. And the mama, because she is the mama, thinks that a bounce house, pizza and a specialty cake are in order. So I put my good ol' Amazon Prime membership to work last night and ordered $150 worth of party supplies, invitations, balloons and cake decorating supplies- all for next Tuesday's shin dig. I waited too long to order the invitations so I had to use some from Sams Club instead of the NASCAR licensed invites.... oh well- but I actually thought these turned out pretty good....
It's cute how the boys picture is on there. Although how can you not know it's the boys birthday when they show up to your door to hand you the invite? But I liked the invitation- very cute. The picture was actually taken in a big tractor- but it looked cute and it was a professional picture of the boys so the quality was good. I added the number 18 to the race car because that's my Roosts favorite guy- Kyle Busch. And again because Blake is pretty easy going about this kind of stuff- he didn't mind the 18.
So next Tuesday night 20- yes 20- of the boys little friends will be over to jump in 2 bounce houses, eat pizza, play games, eat cake and open gifts. I'm sure the boys will have an awesome time. I can't wait. We took almost all of the invites around to everyone tonight. Because I'm so organized (not), we started the process of delivering invites a wee bit late tonight. Hey not too bad though! Only 2 kids were in the bath tub getting ready for bed so that wasn't too bad. I'm not sure on a couple others cause the whole house was dark. OOPS! Late night ice cream run? I like to think so. Who would be asleep at 8:30pm on a monday? (I know mom- you think it's a "marvel" idea) Well I'm sure I'll have plenty to post of this great event next week. A fun time will be had by all I'm sure!!!

Well, I'm here to testify that you are a CHAMPION PARTY THROWER!! I've never seen a girl who likes to party down like you. The boys will have such fun. Now you can post pictures on your possessed blog. Now I get the words and title but the picture goes away. I love that you blog though. So adventurous of you.
ReplyDeleteHey! Jo sent me here. So glad you found your way into the world of blogging. I've been enjoying your kids through your mom and am glad to be following you now too! Can't wait to see the party pics. P.S. Don't you think your mom should take the camera to her appt today so the hygenist can catch some drooling action shots?
ReplyDeleteHey! You'll love blogging. Just keep at it. It gets easier. Well wait. No it doesn't. Every 28 days Blogger goes into a mental blockdown; Google has it's moments too like making me sign in my Google password THREE times trying to follow you; computers have their 28 day cycle also.
ReplyDeleteOh what the heck. Keep at it. You'll LOVE blogging.
Welcome to the world!
ReplyDelete