Friday, May 20, 2011

Blog still possessed and I'm doing a garage sale!

Well I really do give up on perfecting my blog.  I tried to add a picture that you click on and it takes you to a website, but I'm no good- it still didn't work.  And then my friend Granny in Idaho can't even access my blog! The post comes up, no pictures and he can't scroll down on the sides.  I don't know what to do anymore, but I'll just keep posting and hoping for the best.

So yes- I'm doing a garage sale tomorrow. My house- 6:30 am-? And it's a true "garage sale" because I have vowed to sell at least 90% of my garage.  I'm not getting a very good start on that since I'm in here blogging, but hey- I'll get it done.  I have begged my mom in 50 different ways to come help me, but alas, she has deserted me in my time of need.  Kes is a little bit of a hoarder and I don't think my mom feels like going up against him.  He claims he is okay with selling a bunch of stuff, but I tried to price tag his knife sharpener (which he bought at a garage sale mind you...) and he didn't like that too much.  Apparently he has used it "15 different times" since we bought it.  I'll go dust the box then sweetheart.....sorry I didn't realize it's frequent usage.

I thought about the boys doing a lemonade stand tomorrow, but Kes the math wizard, did the math for me and schooled me that it was a losing game.  And brought to light the fact that Bean and Rooster would only be selling it for 5 minutes then it would turn into my job.  I agreed and there will be no .25 cent lemonade at our garage sale tomorrow.  I think I will go down and buy some bottled water to sell for a $1 though.  That's a no maintenance thing and something I really enjoy at garage sales.  Too bad I don't have a port-a potty I could charge for!! There ya go! See- if I had found my stupid trailer by now I could park that out there and then charge a $1 a pee.  $2 for number 2- haha get it- #2? Really gross though and not worth the dump fee at the RV park though :)

Well I really need to go get started on this garage sale thing for real... Enjoy these little pictures that I'm leaving you with.
The Gunman being the Gunman....

Got a little behind this week on laundry and my dryer broke. Notice unmatching socks...


We had over 3 families on Sunday for dinner that Kes home-teaches and I bought these lovely Sun Flowers

The Gunman(because the child has no toys) got this new "Around We Go" and he loves it! 


My garden- better late then never right?

This side got started March 31- its doing good


Rooster making chocolate milk for him and Payson- so cute and deliberate in his stirring.  Notice the milk out- ugh!! My life...

Gunman and I shopping last night at Costco (to buy more milk due to Roosters Chocolate milk beverage.  This was the Gunman's first time in a "big boy cart"

3 comments:

  1. See--I told you your hoarder husband wouldn't part with his stashes. I ain't goin' through the Pilgrim shoe thing again! The man is as possessed as your blog. I'm sorry Granny can't see it. I have no idea what is happening to it. Maybe an exorcism?? I love the pictures of your kids and your plants. All look so healthy and cute--plants and boys. I love your blog. Lemonade stands aren't about profit, Big K! But I agree that the boys would probably lose interest in 5 minutes. Put them in charge of water for a while. Love you all, but I'm just so busy I can't make it to this garage sale. (I predict you will not put 90% of your garage junk for sale. It'll never happen.) I know you guys tooooo well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I wish you had consulted me first. I would have advised having the garage sale on a weekend when your husband is fishing with his buddies. Just kidding, I would never do that. Can't blame Jo for not going. The only thing worse than having a garage sale is working at someone elses. Good luck though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, your blog looks great to me. I don't see any problems.

    ReplyDelete