Saturday, May 21, 2011

$271 later I am pooped.....



Wow, is it really worth it to do a yard sale? I spent HOURS getting stuff sorted, priced, set up, etc and you make $271? No wonder my mom didn't want to come :)

Doesn't this look like fun?

The boys were so good.... they were content the whole time- I was really proud of them

This is Jen's son- Tysen. Notice he is drinking Capri Suns two at a time... :)



But hey- on a positive note- my goal was to make over $50.  I at least achieved that right? I got a nice tan, sat on a very comfortable couch and chilled with my cousins Jeff and Jen.  We had a lot of fun huh Jen? Her and I liked the sitting in the shade part the best.  We had some good donuts this morning and I actually had a lot of fun people-watching and making fun of people :).   I think last time we did a yard sale we made $1300 if I remember right.  This time all my stuff was priced at about .25 cents- so I had to sell A LOT to make it to $271.  Early on I got some nice latino lady that bought most of the clothes for $20.  Then some other nice latino guy bought my speakers and amp for $95.  I think those were my highest items.

Here are some photos from the fun.



Kaden with the boys.  The boys are so social....They have their little "network" of friends

Lots of our friends stopped by- this is the Fritzler's sweet little ride.  '65 Mercedes- not bad eh? Notice the license plate says OLD SPD.  I (being from Idaho) immediately thought that stood for Old Spud... hey- it's the COLOR of an Idaho Spud! But no- he schooled me that it stood for Old Speed




Well even after our valiant effort, we still had all these fine items left.  Hence- the sign up above Todo Gratis! Everything is free.  Notice Kes spelled Everything wrong... oops 



Can you believe we couldn't sell a couch? We are bad sales people. Oh well- it was worth it to sit on this fine baby the whole time and not camp chairs.  


2 comments:

  1. It gives me a headache just thinking about it! Garage sales are the worst. But donuts help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog doesn't come up on my dashboard any more since you went private. Luckily I check it often and comment faithfully 'cause I'm your mother and I love you. Though not enough to endure that yard sale stuff. You did such a good job setting it out. What is wrong with people. I swear good stuff never sells. Some people just want junk. You had treasures and it was all clean and organized. Damn yard sales anyway. (I knew it was Kes's writing on the misspelled sign. See, I have faith in you.) The boys look so cute playing nicely. I'd have thought Old Spd was spud too. Cute little car. Good luck cleaning up, sweet daughter. I'm not coming for that part either. Sorry...

    ReplyDelete