This week on the schedule is service. Last night we unloaded our big white enclosed trailer and put in all our neighbors left overs from her garage sale in it. We are taking them to the DI today for her. She is in a wheelchair and has basically no functioning from the chest down. She actually is a pretty determined lady and does a lot of stuff for herself. But we are always happy when she lets us do something for her to help her out. The boys enjoy talking with her. She has a British accent and always says Cheers! when she says goodbye. She has an incredibly high ranking in the military (like 3 stars I think she said) and speaks 30 languages. She really is a remarkable lady and I'm happy we can help her out.
Today we have a couple of friends coming over this afternoon so their moms and dads can do different things and Saturday we are helping a friend move. It's nice to have a truck and enclosed trailer so we can help people. Who would have known we would use it twice this week! But hey it actually works out really well because I needed to get the four wheelers out to wash them and get the red one ready to sell. We are going to sell the trailer too to get a toy hauler instead so I need to get that cleaned up too and take pictures of both.
Tomorrow is baseball practice- our last one I think. And Wednesday scouts, Thursday morning Ruth comes to help me (wow- I can't think of anything she'll be able to help me with though!:) Friday night we are going on a date with a friend and then Saturday we have the move and a wedding and reception. Why do we pack so much in? I can't help it. I try to stop and I can't . So I'll just keep on packing 10 pounds of junk into a 5 lb bag. Stuff falls out and stuff flows over but I put the bag on my back and grab the rest of the overflowing junk in my arms. :) I don't look so graceful always when I'm carrying it that way but I get everything done.... usually.
On to the Gunman! The little rose just blossomed this morning and woke up. I always put him in my 10 lb. bag first so I make sure he gets taken care of. Sometimes he gets a little squished down there at the bottom, but he is always in there first. The boys walk pretty good now and they've learned to help me carry some of the 10lbs of junk. They have their own backpacks now and use their arms to carry extra stuff too :)
I love your analogy of the 5 lb. bag. Where did you get that? I know it wasn't your creation, dear. You're clever, but not that clever... I should feel bad that Ruth has to come bail you out, but I don't. I'm too busy stressing out over my drugs. I plan to stress out seriously a lot if I don't get those suckers today! HELP ME!! Good for you on all the helpfulness. Whose wedding is it this time?
ReplyDelete