Sunday, January 22, 2012

Mountain Lion Hunting in Ely

Well for those of you that don't like pictures of dead animals- you're in luck! Cause I don't have any from this last trip:( But we did have a great time! The twin boys are chillin' in Arizona with my mom, so Kes and I took our sweet Gunman up to Ely hunting for Mountain Lions.  We didn't cross any tracks, but we saw some beautiful country.  Our dogs got some great exercise and had a good run. 
This was the cabin we stayed in.  Well, it was sort of an unfinished cabin but it has a lot of potential. 


It didn't have any heat, electricity, or water.  So it truly was a "cabin" in the woods.  We put the heater right in our room and it stayed about 80 in there all night.  Don't worry, the propane bottle was in the other non-airtight room.  There was no threat of gas fumes in this place. 

Here's a picture with the flash on- then you can see the fun walls.  :) This cabin had such a great floor plan- I wish I would have gotten pictures of the main room and loft.  I loved the property it was on. 

Ooh! This picture below was fun! I have never "cooked" a meal on the engine before.  We went with some friends from Moapa and they were great- so much fun!
You put the burrito wrapped in tin foil on the engine, drive around for about 40 minutes and.....

Voila! Really good tastin' burrito and it's super warm too!
This is our friend up driving in front of us breaking trails. 

The Gunman was such a great sport to ride in the car with us on such a long trip.  This is him below enjoying some M&M's. 

Beautiful sunset


Song- Coldplay "Paradise"

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, looks like a real fun time! Poor Gunnar!! I don't get it.

    ReplyDelete