Saturday, December 17, 2011

2nd Annual Griswald Christmas Vacation Party

Wow! I've been so busy and have not kept up on my blogging. We had an awesome Griswald party last night with a great turn out.  So much fun! I wanted to share some of the pics with you.  This was our second year having the party.  Pictures from last years are at the end of the post. 

Group shot at the beginning.  There were a few costumes I missed:( but you can tell we have AWESOME friends that get into the spirit and have a lot of fun.  Everyone brought such nice appetizers too! We had amazing food and tons of it. 

This was the invite I sent out with pictures from last year's party
These guys were great.  They had their daughters bring them in their van because they couldn't drive or sit down in these suits! The van is pretty tall, so they were able to balance themselves and stand in the middle.  I loved that they had to get a ride to an from the party- classic.  Check out their water bottles- so perfect.
My good friend Adrienne made me this sweet paper mache turkey.  She is so great- loved it.  What a fun touch to the madness of our party. 

The fried pussy cat made another appearnce this year.  Again, sign and cat made by Adrienne the artsy one. 

The mugs were out as well.  These add such a nice touch. 

Adrienne gave me this awesome ornament.  Love it!
hahaha These are our good friends Jordan and Holly. Jordan cracks me up!
We had a few heaters set out on the patio and in the yard.  It was fun to have some extra room.  I decorated the palms in the background this year.  It was a fun touch of wimsy to add to the night. 

These guys were so awesome.  I loved their outfits- and his sewer hose is a real one from their trailer! Chris text me earlier in the day and asked if they would be the only ones dressing up.  Perfect outfits.

Another gal helped me out by bringing a 40 question quiz from the movie.  It was really fun to take it.  Nelson got 33 out of 40- I got a 28.  Darn! He won my prize of a mug and hot cocoa. Check out his jersey- so priceless.

Their outfits cracked me up.  So perfect. Her little boy kept getting attacked all night by her Chrismas pin. 

Mitch pimping it in my fur coat.

Adrienne on the left was Mary, I was the mean boss' wife. Patty and Holly are dressed as cute.

We did have a fire incident during the night.  Not as bad as Uncle Lewis' but poor "Mary" got some sparks from the fire out back on her tights. But look- you can't see her panty line! (If you've seen the movie you'll get that one)


Loved his Chicago Bears hat

Renae is so funny- she ordered her and Mitch matching sweat suits off ebay. But when they got here, they were so cheap Mitch tore his putting it on! Renae's lasted the night but the she said they really do make you sweat bad. 

 Such a fun time! I can't wait till next year.  Now I need to start thinking about my costume... maybe the mother that has the big glasses? Or Aunt Bethany.  Here are some of my favorite shots from last years Griswald party for your enjoyment. 















Christmas Vacation Soundtrack song

3 comments:

  1. I think you outdid yourself. I love the coat. The guy with the sewer pipe was great and the guy with the cigar. I hope this is the last crazy-wild event for the holidays. I get itchy trying to keep up with your wild life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you save the 40 questions for your game? If so would you be willing to share?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete