I've finally given up on the idea of having a cute song playing, cute photos and a cute post that all tie together. If I try to do that every posting I'm going to never post anything- which is what's been happening! To break the cycle I'm going to just blog- no pic's in this entry. So ta da!!
Funny happenings in our family. So I'm on a car kick right now. I'm not like all the rest of you about looking for a car though. In my life, when I'm searching for a high dollar item like a car (high dollar to me being anything over $200) I get very obsessed and focused on one wild and crazy thing at a time. It's all I do, all I think about, all I search for on the web etc. I've really been quite good with this particular obsession and the children are actually getting fed, bathed and put to bed. (Yeah, yeah, yeah sometimes in the past this wasn't the case.) Kes is not so supportive of my behavior when I get so narrow minded and "focused" as I call it. I'm sorry, when I want something- I want it- and I want it yesterday. SO- I want a different car. The Rover isn't cuttin' it. I'm not going to list all the negatives it has because heck- maybe you would like to purchase it from me. Don't want to go talkin' too bad about it now do I?!
So I've decided I want a cute, inexpensive, older, hopefully not too high mileage, run around car for me and the boys. I'm not asking for much, just a VW Beetle or something similar. My mother used to have one named Bailey. She was a black TDI diesel bug and I loved her so...My mom even had a Boyd's Bear in the back who's tag was named Bailey and she was adorable like the bug. My mom kept her bug perfectly spotless and she smelled new every time I got in it. I've always wanted one, and what the heck, why not now? They are great on mileage and just adorable. PLUS my crazy friend Adrienne said I can go to the VW car shows with her :) And I figure while I'm at it I might as well find a cute convertible right? Right. So the search is on. We test drove a hard top this last weekend and it was surprisingly roomy with Kes driving and quite zippy. Something that was not so roomy? The Mini Cooper.
Before I narrowed it to a VW Bug, I first considered a Mini Cooper. Kes is the one who came up with the idea, not me. That's the funny thing. So because I'm obsessed and crazy, we drive by one and decided to stop. It's adorable, red, not a convertible but still super cute. I love Mini's- who doesn't? He was saying how he thinks our Rhino probably has more horse power than the Mini but we'd check it out. Before we had it open he was explaining to me how we were going to put it in the trailer with the quads when we go up to the cabin. Then we would have a car to drive around the lake in. I'm getting excited thinking of all the possibilities. This one is a manual so I know I'm not even going to test drive it. I asked the salesman to open it for us. I of course climbed in the driver's seat and Kes, the passenger. I'm not dead sure what the cargo weight limit of this car is, but I have a feeling it isn't built for Kesley's size. It was pretty funny. He just started laughing and then I was laughing and we figured it out real fast that I was not getting a mini cooper. Bernard, the slick salesman, was laughing and he agreed, this was probably not the car for us. Kes filled up that passenger seat. His poor knees hit the glove box, his left leg hit the stick shift, his head hit the roof- it was hilarious. So no Mini for Rachel.... maybe the Beetle will end up working out.
That's right! Viva la Beetle!
ReplyDeleteOh my heck! I'm over here reading this to mike & i can't get through it because i'm laughing so hard!!! The tears are rolling. Wow, the mental picture of kes squished into a mini is hilarious! so sad the mini won't work out cause it's my dream too :) Keep posting rach! Sure miss you guys!
ReplyDelete